Do you have damaged teeth that cause you from talking and smiling freely? Dental crowns are a natural looking and customized option for covering a tooth that is broken, weak or decayed . They are also used to protect a tooth from further damage in the case of root canal treatments.
Creating a Beautiful, Natural-Looking Smile
Crowns are also used to a top a dental implant in the case of a tooth replacement. Implants, however, can be cost-prohibitive or not a possible solution. A bridge is an excellent alternative. It is a single unit, comprised of a false tooth fused between two dental crowns, placed on either side of the gap.
Technology Makes The Difference
With advances in dental technology, we are equipped with CAD/CAM technology that allows us to create ceramic restorations in minutes right in our office. No need to send them off to a lab and wait weeks for their return.
Using our E4D system, a dental crown or bridge can be created in just one visit with these five simple steps:
- The tooth is prepared by removing decay and then shaped to make room for the restoration.
- A digital impression is made of the tooth. No messy putty is used, making it efficient and comfortable for patients.
- Using specialized software your dentist will design your new crown or bridge. The data is then sent to a milling machine.
- Your new restoration is created with precision accuracy and made to match the color of your natural teeth.
- Your crown or bridge is finally polished and cemented in place.
This entire process typically takes just one or two hours. You’ll leave our office with a beautiful, natural-looking and feeling restoration that will improve your oral health.