Although virtually everyone appreciates the beauty of a nice smile, many people underestimate the importance of caring for that smile. Oral health problems tend to be progressive. The best solution is to prevent them entirely. If that is not possible, early detection and treatment is the next best option. This allows us to stop the condition from progressing and restore oral health with the most conservative techniques possible. The sooner you see a dentist the better – but never think it is too late. With good habits and good dental care, you can have the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
Preventive and therapeutic treatment
We offer a number of solutions to stop oral disease in its tracks or – better yet – stop it before it starts. Regular dental visits and daily oral hygiene are the cornerstones of maintaining oral health. However, we each have unique dental care needs. Some of the most common options to prevent or correct oral health problems include:
- Periodontal therapy – Gum disease is a common condition, especially in older adults. It is the number one cause of adult tooth loss, and it has been linked to many serious health conditions. We offer scaling and planing, and other nonsurgical gum therapy.
- Root canal therapy – Contrary to common misconceptions, root canal treatment is gentle and effective, with minimal discomfort. It is needed when the soft tissue, called pulp, becomes injured or infected. The canal is cleaned, sterilized, and filled to prevent reinfection. Often, the tooth is crowned to protect it from damage.
- Fillings – Tooth decay may begin as a tiny cavity, but it spreads until it is treated. It can be corrected by removing the compromised portion of the tooth and filling the cavity with a biocompatible dental material.
- Night guards – Bruxism (clenching or grinding of your teeth, especially during sleep) can cause damage to dental work and jaw pain as well as wear and tear or fractures in your teeth. A comfortable, convenient, custom-made oral appliance can absorb the pressure, protecting your smile and your jaws.
- Extractions – Thanks to modern dental techniques, we can often repair and preserve unhealthy teeth. However, if the damage or disease is too severe, the tooth may not be savable. In this case, a gentle extraction is the best solution. We always recommend grafting in conjunction with extractions, to preserve your jawbone, keeping a strong foundation for a dental implant.
Let the dedicated, caring team at Aesthetic Smile Design help you restore and protect your oral health. Call us at (862) 766-6363 and schedule an appointment today.