Highly skilled dentist in Wayne provides treatment with the whole body in mindDental technology, materials, and procedures can affect oral as well as overall health and wellbeing. Therefore, many patients have chosen a dentist who understands the importance of oral systemic health, the connection between the mouth and body. They can find a highly skilled dentist in Wayne at Aesthetic Smile Design. Our dentist and dental team show a special interest in the general health and wellbeing of patients in Wayne and the surrounding areas.
Understanding oral systemic healthOral health conditions and diseases have been linked to other health issues. Gum disease can lead to heart disease, diabetes, stroke, pregnancy complications, and cancer. Risk factors of gum disease include smoking, genetics, stress, age, and poor diet. The first stage of gum disease is gingivitis. Symptoms of gingivitis include swelling or tender gums and bleeding when brushing or flossing. The next stage of gum disease is periodontitis. Gums begin to pull away from the teeth allowing plaque bacteria to infect tooth roots supporting bones and fibers. Teeth may shift or become loose. It is critical to seek treatment after noticing any of the aforementioned symptoms.
Tooth decay also can affect whole body. Frequent snacking and drinking sugary beverages can lead to cavities, tiny holes in the hard surface of the teeth. Cavities can affect deeper layers of the teeth. Severely decayed teeth may need to be extracted when they cannot be saved during treatments such as root canals. Signs of cavities include tooth sensitivity, toothaches, tooth stains, pain when biting as well as mild to sharp pain when eating or drinking hot or cold foods or beverages.
Explaining the importance of preventive careThe best method of prevention is an excellent oral hygiene regimen. At home, it is important to brush at least twice a day and floss before bedtime. It is critical to schedule regular dental check-ups for examinations and cleanings at least biannually.
Are you looking for a dentist who is mindful of your overall health and wellbeing when diagnosing and providing treatment for oral health conditions? If you are, we recommend scheduling a consultation by calling (862) 766-6363.
- Dentist near Wayne, NJ offers cosmetic procedures for stunning smiles
- Patients search for dentists in Wayne, NJ offering comprehensive dental care
- Dental Practice in Wayne NJ offers dental bridge restorations
- Turkish dentist offers a full range of services in Wayne, NJ
- Wide menu of services offered by Wayne, NJ dentist, Dr. Gary Edeer
- Have that striking smile you have always wanted with the help of our dentistry services near Wyckoff
- Preventative care meets restorative care at this dental practice near Wyckoff
- Highly skilled dentist in Wayne provides treatment with the whole body in mind
- Dental office in the 07470 area provides various orthodontic services
- Patients in Pompton Lakes seek a respected dentist for preventive care
Back to Home Page
Aesthetic Smile DesignRating : 5
Reviewed by - Cathleen B.
"Fantastic! For 18 years my family and I have benefited from Dr. Edeer and his staff's excellent, professional service. He is a brilliant dentist who cares about your comfort, dental health and its effect on your overall wellbeing. His knowledge, cutting edge methods, caring attitude, attention to detail, cleanliness and artistry are unparalleled. For ALL your dental needs, from general hygiene to cosmetic, you are in good hands with Dr. Edeer. He is the simply the best."