Crowns & Bridges
"Being in the dental field for many years, I can say with confidence that Dr Edeer's training, experience and attention to detail was evident every step of the way. The preparations for my crowns were completed with precision. (Pictures were taken and shared with me) and I left the office with temporaries that immediately snapped into place and are most comfortable. Thank you!! - Nov 21, 2013"
~ Eileen A. (August 27, 2014)
~ Eileen A. (August 27, 2014)
A dental crown, also called a cap, is a customized restoration that covers a compromised tooth, protecting, strengthening, and restoring it. This may be recommended for a tooth that is broken, weak, or decayed too severely for a filling. A crown is also recommended after a root canal treatment in most cases, to protect the tooth from fracturing.
For most people, a dental implant topped with a special type of crown is the best option for replacing a tooth. However, for those who find implants cost-prohibitive, or who are not candidates for implants, a bridge is an excellent alternative. It is a single unit, comprised of a false tooth fused between two dental crowns, which are placed over teeth on either side of the gap. Occasionally, a variation of this design may be used, depending on the situation.
We are committed to providing healthy, beautiful dental solutions for our patients. We no longer use metal alloys, and prefer to avoid metal altogether. If a metal crown is required, we use pure gold, which is highly biocompatible and gentle on your teeth. However, our preference is high-strength ceramics, which are natural looking, biocompatible, and they can be created and placed in a single appointment. We use zirconia, eMax, and other cosmetic porcelains.
Traditionally, dental crowns or bridges took several weeks and multiple appointments. The process began with a dentist shaping the tooth or teeth, and then sending impressions and other relevant records to a dental laboratory. The patient would then wait while the restoration was created, and a follow-up appointment would be scheduled. Advances in modern technology have streamlined the process in amazing ways. While some dental practices continue using the traditional method, progressive offices such as Aesthetic Smile Design in Wayne, NJ are equipped with CAD/CAM technology. This allows us to create ceramic restorations in office, in a matter of minutes.
With our E4D system, a dental crown or bridge can be created in just one visit, with five simple steps:
- The tooth is prepared. This includes removing all decay and diseased tooth material, then shaping it for optimal retention of the restoration.
- A digital impression is taken, which involves no uncomfortable trays or foul-tasting putty. Instead, the process is comparable to having a digital photograph taken of the inside of your mouth. It is fast, efficient, and comfortable.
- Your dentist will design your new crown or bridge using specialized software. The data is then transferred to the milling machine.
- Your new restoration is carved with precision accuracy from a solid ceramic block, which is color-matched to your other teeth.
- Your crown or bridge is polished and cemented in place.
The entire process usually takes just one or two hours, and you can walk out of the office with a beautiful, natural looking, natural feeling restoration, and improved oral health. Call Aesthetic Smile Design at (862) 766-6363 to schedule an appointment.
- Dental Bridges In Wayne - How are dental bridges used in the smiles of patients in Wayne, NJ?
- Dental Bridge Cost Pompton Lakes - Dental bridge cost compared to implant treatment near Pompton Lakes
- What is a Dental Bridge Wyckoff - Wyckoff area patients ask, what is a dental bridge?
- Temporary Dental Crowns Wyckoff - When Wyckoff area patients may need a temporary dental crown
- Permanent Dental Crowns Pompton Lakes - Permanent dental crowns after root canal therapy near Pompton Lakes
- Dental Crown Near Me In Wayne - Why would I seek porcelain dental crowns near me in Wayne?
- Dental Crowns Wayne NJ - Materials for dental crowns chosen carefully by your Wayne, NJ dentist
Aesthetic Smile DesignRating : 5
Reviewed by - Cathleen B.
"Fantastic! For 18 years my family and I have benefited from Dr. Edeer and his staff's excellent, professional service. He is a brilliant dentist who cares about your comfort, dental health and its effect on your overall wellbeing. His knowledge, cutting edge methods, caring attitude, attention to detail, cleanliness and artistry are unparalleled. For ALL your dental needs, from general hygiene to cosmetic, you are in good hands with Dr. Edeer. He is the simply the best."