"I have an extremely rare condition, Dentinogenesis Imperfecta, which has left my teeth with essentially no protective enamel (a description of the condition is at the end of this review). Dr. Edeer has been treating my condition since I was 15 (I am now 31). No other dentist has been able to properly treat my condition. The few times I have seen other dentists, none of them has ever had experience treating my condition. On one occasion, a dentist called in all of his colleagues to marvel at my teeth because the last time he saw my condition was on his first day of dental school. Since I left for college at 18, I have lived in cities all over the country and I still travel back to the area specifically for Dr. Edeer's services (sometimes from as far as Los Angeles). Dr. Edeer is a superior dentist. He will explain everything in lay terms before and during a procedure, deals with patients fairly, cares about his work, and produces the highest-quality results. I cannot recommend him enough. Dr. Edeer's description of my condition, October 2007: Patient has a mild form of Dentinogenesis Imperfecta (Hereditary Opalescent Dentin) related to a systemic hereditary bone disorder (Osteogenesis Imperfecta). The dentitions have blue to brown discoloration with distinctive translucency. The enamel separates easily from the underlying defective dentin. Once exposed, the dentin often demonstrates significantly accelerated attrition. Radiographically, the teeth have bulbous crowns, cervical constriction, thin roots, and early obliteration of root canals and pulp chambers. 7-2-14"
~ Valerie S. (August 22, 2014)
~ Valerie S. (August 22, 2014)
The desire for a beautiful smile is universal. We all want to look our best, and feel good about our appearances. At Aesthetic Smile Design, we offer a full range of cosmetic services, to make the smile of your dreams a beautiful reality. Our team has the expertise and artistic talent that make the difference between a nice smile, and a spectacular smile.
A healthy foundation for a beautiful smile
Today’s society places considerable importance on the appearance, especially your smile. Oral health is frequently dismissed as being unimportant, or secondary to appearance. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Research has indicated that oral disease is associated with a host of serious overall health conditions such as heart disease. Additionally, the effectiveness and longevity of cosmetic enhancement is dependent upon oral health.
We will begin with an examination and consultation. We use technologically advanced tools such as the intraoral camera, and DearDoctor patient education software to help you understand the condition or your oral health. Problems such as tartar buildup, malocclusion, cavities, or gum disease need to be treated. Habits such as smoking or lax hygiene need to be corrected. We will discuss the best ways to restore and beautify your smile, and maintain the results.
Many of the options classified as cosmetic are also restorative, though some are performed purely to enhance the appearance of your smile. The most popular cosmetic solutions include:
- Teeth whitening - Zoom! can achieve amazing results in a single visit, if your teeth are reasonably clean and healthy. Neglected or damaged teeth will need to be cleaned, and oral health concerns may need to be addressed, prior to whitening.
- Tooth colored fillings - We have not used mercury in well over two decades. Our fillings are composite resin, color-matched to your natural tooth enamel.
- Bonding - A procedure similar to tooth colored fillings is used to correct minor chips and cosmetic blemishes.
- Porcelain veneers - For patients with relatively healthy teeth and good bite alignment, veneers can correct most cosmetic flaws in just a few visits. An examination is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for the result you desire.
- Lumineers - A low prep veneer requiring little, if any, enamel removal is an option for some patients.
- Porcelain bridges - We offer a variety of natural-looking solutions for missing teeth. Implant-supported restorations are preferable, but we also offer all-porcelain traditional bridges for patients who do not want, or are not candidates for, implants.
- Gum contouring - This is a simple procedure completed in a matter of minutes using soft tissue lasers. There is minimal bleeding or recovery time. Gum contouring may be performed to correct misshapen gums, or to access and treat a cavity below the gum line.
Aesthetic Smile DesignRating : 5
Reviewed by - Raye
"Absolutely wonderful! Absolutely Wonderful. He is my favorite doctor and they are my family! I refer everyone I know to him."